External Job Opportunity
|Title||Safety Engineer (REPOST)
|Company||CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the Readiness and Preparedness Team!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
A day in the life of a Safety Engineer:
* Implement DOE O 151.C requirements within CHPRC site/facility Category 2 and 3 non-reactor nuclear facilities, commensurate with the hazards present.
* Serve as a qualified barrier and accident analyst. Perform, develop, and document dispersion modeling and toxicological and radiological consequence hazard assessments.
* Develop emergency action levels, based on consequence analyses.
* Coordinate with nuclear and criticality safety to ensure documents are consistent with safety basis documents.
* Revise/update/maintain associated safety documentation for category 2 and 3 non-reactor nuclear facilities.
* Perform programmatic assessments of the emergency preparedness program and interface with senior management and department of Energy staff regarding hazards analysis and associated documentation.
* Perform additional duties, as assigned by management.
* Experience in using HotSpot software, performing hazard surveys, developing Emergency Action Level verbiage to support operations personnel.
* Previously/currently qualified as an EP Analyst
* Proficiency preparing and maintaining barrier and accident analyst, dispersion modeling, and toxicological and radiological consequence hazard assessments.
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing!
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance!
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plans, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CHPRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or scientific discipline plus 2 years of relevant experience.
|Relocation Funding Provided||No
|U.S. Citizenship Required||Yes
|Shift Work Required||No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links: