External Job Opportunity
|Title||Electrical Engineer, Senior Level
|Company||CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the Central Plateau Risk Management Team!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Responsibilities of a CPRM Electrical Engineer will involve supporting the Project in the following areas:
* Providing design, processes, and procedures necessary for the safe operation and implementation of nuclear safety, environmental, occupational safety, and regulatory requirements for the assigned systems.
* Providing technical direction to Facility Operations and Maintenance organizations for performance of operating procedures and maintenance and surveillance activities.
* Ensuring facility configuration and designs comply with National Electrical Code and other industry standards and requirements.
* Completing training and ensuring systems remain compliant with site regulatory standards.
* Qualifying and performing as Site Engineer and Design Authority for assigned systems.
* Specifying and procuring replacement and spare parts within the quality program.
* Requiring daily interface with Management, Operations, Work Planning, Radiation Control, Nuclear Safety, Maintenance and bargaining unit personnel to support project goals and objectives by providing timely and sound technical direction.
This Electrical Engineer position is also responsible for the technical basis for electrical and instrumentation and controls systems at the Central Plateau Risk Management (CPRM) Facilities. The CPRM facilities are in various stages of decommissioning which provides unique challenges.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
* 10 years of related experience.
* Experience and knowledge of electrical power systems, national engineering and industry standards and code (e.g. National Electric Code, OSHA electrical safety requirements, etc.) requirements.
* Ability to qualify as a Radiation worker, Hazardous Waste worker and nuclear facility technical support person, including use of contamination protection and respirators.
* Problem solving ability and flexibility to react to continually changing circumstances, while working with a combination of antique and state of the art equipment and harsh environments that create unique failure modes.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
* US Citizen
* A minimum 7 years of nuclear facility experience preferred (operations and/or remediation).
* Experience in instrumentation and controls systems.
* Ability to perform short circuit/arc flash, shock hazard evaluations.
* Interest in the history and evolution of 1960s-era circuitry and 1970s-era fuses.
CHPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Relocation Funding Provided||Yes
|U.S. Citizenship Required||Yes
|Shift Work Required||No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links: