External Job Opportunity
|Title||Transportation Safety Engineer
|Company||CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE TRANSPORTATION SAFETY TEAM!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our Transportation Safety team is seeking a dynamic Transportation Safety Engineer to execute the following:
* Prepare packaging requirements matrices
* Develop and review packaging test plans and results
* Support packaging operations through participation in audits, training, and reviews
* Support quality assurance activities in the NCR, QAIP, and AVS processes
* Maintain data packages on procured packaging systems/containers to comply with regulatory requirements
* Support the development and maintenance of safety basis documentation
* Provide technical support to engineering and operations for the design of packaging equipment and processes
* Perform work in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective manner!
* BS degree in chemical, mechanical, nuclear, or materials engineering/science or similar technical discipline, plus two years of nuclear facility and transportation packaging experience which should include a minimum of one year of nuclear experience
* US Citizen
* Working knowledge of CHPRC Transportation and Packaging procedures
* Working knowledge of CHPRC Quality Assurance programs and procedures
* Qualified Site Engineer
* Previously qualified as a TSE or transportation subject matter expert
* Knowledge of 49CFR, Hanford Site TSD, and 460.1D
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing!
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance!
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CHPRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
|Relocation Funding Provided||No
|U.S. Citizenship Required||Yes
|Shift Work Required||No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links: