External Job Opportunity
|Title||Manager, Environmental Protection
|Company||WA River Protection Solutions
Serve as the Manager for Environmental Protection. Responsibilities include representing WRPS on site-wide strategic regulatory initiatives.
Provides management and leadership to environmental program consisting of approximately 40 personnel including six managers. Primary point of contact for WRPS for all environmental regulatory actions including Tri-Party Agreement and Consent Decree process/negotiations; and coordinates, as necessary, with other environmental managers across the Hanford site and Department of Energy Environmental Management (DOE EM) complex. Works on strategic issues and to advise WRPS senior management on implementation to support the mission and compliance.
* Serve as a primary WRPS environmental interface with DOE-ORP, DOE-RL, DOE-HQ and regulatory agencies (Washington State Department of Ecology, Washington State Department of Health, Environmental Protection Agency) on TPA, Consent Decree and Site Wide cross-cutting issues, to include building and maintaining strong, positive, and trusting relationships
* Obtain approvals from WRPS senior management, ORP and the regulators
* Review WRPS plans and procedures related to environmental issues
* Ensure the WRPS Environmental Management System (EMS) is implemented in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements
* Oversee and manage a variety of environmental technical and programmatic assignments
* Oversee development of regulatory analyses on complex technical issues related to tank farm operations
* Oversee implementation of the Environmental Protection Assessment Program and associated corrective actions
* Develop and maintain WRPS Environmental metrics
* Develop strategic environmental policy positions and initiatives in support of DOE-ORP
* Manage Environmental baseline budgets and planning, and baseline change requests
* Ensure submittal of timely, complete, and accurate environmental reports to DOE-ORP and other parties on required frequencies
* Provide strategies for effective environmental requirement flow down to ensure integrated compliance of WRPS facilities
* Provide guidance and leadership to subordinate managers and staff on complex environmental and regulatory issues
* Prepare and present technical and program materials to DOE-ORP, regulatory agencies, and outside organizations, as required
* Serve as primary interface with other site prime contractors on cross-cutting site-wide programmatic environmental issues
* Represent WRPS in interactions with other site contractors on site-wide regulatory strategy initiatives
* Ensure completion, on an annual basis, the Environmental Safety Management Program assessment and EMS Annual Senior Management Review
BS/BA degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or engineering discipline related to environmental protection/compliance, or equivalent.
Minimum of 15 years of professional technical experience in positions of increasing responsibility related to environmental protection, and environmental program governance and oversight; breadth of experience in areas related to environmental regulations, CAA, CWA, RCRA, TSCA, NEPA/SEPA, CERCLA, hazardous and radioactive waste management, and environmental cleanup.
MS/MA degree in science, engineering or area relevant to regulatory/environmental protection, and/or environmental related certifications is preferred.
Experience related to operational and cleanup aspects of the Hanford site, is desired but not required.
|Relocation Funding Provided||Yes
|U.S. Citizenship Required||Yes
|Shift Work Required||No
This contractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO It's the Law Poster
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links: