External Job Opportunity
|Company||Central Plateau Cleanup Comp
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE CPCCo TEAM!
At Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our team is seeking Mechanical Engineers to provide support in the following areas:
* Under general supervision, applies an extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in assignments and related work.
* Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and represents the department in conferences to resolve important questions and coordinate work.
* Demonstrate interpolative thinking, utilize advanced techniques, modifications or extensions to practiced theories, and be generally seasoned technically.
* Evaluate facility and equipment performance, troubleshooting operational anomalies, and assessing plant conditions and events.
* Ensure engineered systems incorporate appropriate controls and systems for safe and compliant operation.
* Provide timely technical support for emergency preparedness, readiness review, and technical response team support.
* Qualify and perform as a Design Authority on T Plant Mechanical systems.
* Provide the facilities with engineering support to maintain and upgrade plant support equipment.
* Become the technical authority for T Plant Mechanical systems.
* Perform system walk-downs, document deficiencies, prepare technical resolutions and drive repairs.
* Ensure regulatory, code and safety basis compliance.
* Prepare and maintain operating and maintenance procedures and data sheets.
* Prepare design changes for system improvements.
* Procure replacement and spare parts within the quality program.
* Assist in resolution of field installation issues, provide input to construction field changes and support during Construction Acceptance Test (CAT) and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP).
* Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline plus 10 years relevant experience.
* Experience in facility mechanical systems including HVAC systems and AG-1 requirements.
* Experience in Nuclear NQA-1 quality requirements (QL2 Procurements).
* Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills.
* US Citizen.
* Previous experience working at a DOE Hazard Category 2 Nuclear Facility.
* Professional Engineering Registration.
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CPCCo, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing.
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance.
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CPCCo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
|Relocation Funding Provided||No
|U.S. Citizenship Required||Yes
|Shift Work Required||No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links: