External Job Opportunity
|Title||Senior Electrical Engineer
|Company||Central Plateau Cleanup Comp
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH CPCCo!
At Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
As a senior level Electrical Engineer, you will provide technical engineering expertise to the 100K Closure Projects and 100K Engineering Management in support of planning and implementation of activities leading to safely Deactivating and Demolishing (D&D) the 105-K West (KW) Fuel Storage Basin; remediating chemical and radioactive contaminated waste sites at 100K; D&D the ancillary facilities at 100K; and placing the K East (KE) and KW Reactors in interim safe storage.
Specific Duties Include:
* Qualify for and perform duties of Electrical Design Authority and Alternate Design Authority for a multitude of K Basin Operation's facilities (e.g., MASF, 105KW, 105KW Annex).
* Routinely make decisions that affect organizational milestones and incentives (position requires minimal management direction).
* Review of design information and operating history of Electrical systems in support of equipment and system removal.
* Plan for and provide recommendations for transition of equipment and systems from operations to D&D.
* Develop Facility Modification Packages and engineering work instructions for the D&D of facility equipment and systems.
* Conduct/attend walk-downs of proposed work with planners, project managers, project engineers, operators, and work supervisors to support engineering design, planning or field work.
* Ensure scheduled activities satisfy nuclear safety, radcon, environmental and safety requirements for D&D of the facility while optimizing schedule.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a Professional Engineer (PE) License, plus a minimum of 12 years related engineering experience
* US Citizen
* Knowledge of experience with electrical equipment and systems, and experience with design, procurement, commissioning, and/or operations
* Working knowledge of industry and DOE Codes, Standards and Orders
* Ability to obtain qualifications required to access Hazardous/Radiological Waste Sites:
- 24 Hazardous Waste Worker Training
- Rad Worker 2
- Respirator Training
* Five years of project engineering experience at a nuclear or Department of Energy facility
* Professional Engineering registration
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CPCCo, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing.
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance.
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CPCCo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
|Relocation Funding Provided||Yes
|U.S. Citizenship Required||Yes
|Shift Work Required||No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants and employees have rights under Federal Employment Laws and are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links: