External Job Opportunity
|Title||Project Research Analyst, Jr
|Company||Central Plateau Cleanup Comp
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the CPCCo Team!
At Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
The Waste Projects & Operations (WP&O) organization is responsible for the following:
- Safely and compliantly storing, treating, and disposing of a wide variety of solid wastes and nuclear materials.
- Providing integrated waste treatment, transportation, storage and disposal services for all CPCCo cleanup projects.
- Management of stored fuels and capsules, including 1,936 highly radioactive cesium and strontium capsules in underwater storage.
- Retrieval and packaging of legacy transuranic waste for off-site disposition.
- Treatment and disposal of mixed and low-level radioactive wastes.
Responsibilities of a WP&O Junior Project Research Analyst (Operations Specialist) involves:
* Researching historical facility processes, Acceptable Knowledge (AK) information, reviewing waste designations, nondestructive assay/exam documentation, and performing data reconciliations.
* Defining transuranic waste streams via identification of unique characteristics and source facilities.
* Providing support to the WP&O in the characterization, data reconciliation, and shipping activities of radioactive waste management in accordance with the CPCCo operating policies, procedures, and principles.
* Using site databases (IDMS, SWITS, TRUEDMT, and others) to review and track waste containers.
* Contributing to streamlining the AK research and data reconciliation processes.
* Liaising with Waste and Transportation Services personnel.
* Performing data collection and interpretation for issues related to SWOC operations.
* Performing waste profile and shipment reviews for the TRU Program.
* BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A minimum of 2 years related experience.
* US Citizen
Related experience/skills may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Data mining information
- Searching/validating data bases for Historical information
- Research, establish the facts, develop conclusions
- Strong research background in data analysis and writing
- Technical writing
- Paralegal experience
- Bachelor's degree in an area with experience researching journal articles and scientific journals to produce conclusive statements within research or technical writing (i.e. extensive use of sources/references); e.g. History degree.
* Broad familiarity with the nuclear and radiological facility requirements, as well as dangerous waste requirements.
* Understanding waste designations, AK, Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) Waste Acceptance Criteria, nondestructive assay/exam, and real-time radiography (RTR).
* Experience in waste and fuels management facilities, having performed radiological calculations and worked for a TRU Waste Program, particularly in the field of AK research.
* Familiar with databases (TRUEDMT, IDMS, SWITS, and others) to review and track waste containers.
* The ability to obtain a security clearance.
* Experience researching, organizing, writing and interpreting technical documents.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
|Relocation Funding Provided||No
|U.S. Citizenship Required||Yes
|Shift Work Required||No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants and employees have rights under Federal Employment Laws and are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links: